Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Ms. Li Shuqing Arrested Again, Authorities Refuse to Tell the Family Her Whereabouts

March 13, 2014 |   By a Minghui correspondent from Beijing

(Minghui.org) On February 26, 2014, personnel from the Huairou District Police Department of Beijing and the 610 Office arrested 64-year-old Ms. Li Shuqing at her home. The police searched her house and took away her computers, printers, and other personal belongings. They refused to tell her family where she was detained.

During the fourteen years the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) has persecuted Falun Gong, Ms. Li has been detained four times for her belief, sent to a labor camp for one year, illegally sentenced and imprisoned for three years. She was also forced to undergo brainwashing three times.

“I suffered as though I were boiled in oil every day,” said Ms. Li, describing her prison experience.

Ms. Li has been subjected to both physical and mental torture including deprived of sleep for a long time, shocked with electric batons, locked in a small cell, force feeding, and mental abuse. After her release from previous detentions, she was frequently harassed by the district, township, and village officials as well as the police and 610 Office officials.

Ms. Li is from Shatiekuangyu Village of Bohai Township, Huairou District in Beijing. She began practicing Falun Gong in November 1998 and her health and outlook on life had improved greatly.

Torture demonstration: handcuffed from the back

Torture demonstration: shocked with electric batons

Unshakable Faith

Ms. Li refused to acknowledge or cooperate with the persecution. She said, "Because I refused to wear the prison uniform I was handcuffed from the back for twenty days. When I refused to cooperate with them, they put me in a men's cell and had male guards and male criminal inmates torture me.”

She said, “A male guard named Xue called me into his office. He shocked me using an electric baton, but I refused to do as he demanded. He left the room for a while and returned with another electric baton. He first poured cold water over me soaking me from head to toe, and then simultaneously used both electric sticks to shock me. The electricity surged through my body. My body was thrown into the air, and then dropped to the ground. Next, he jumped on me and shocked my chest and back several times. My body was sore and numb, as if I were in a fire and burned. Later he handcuffed me and locked me up in a small cell.”

Between 2000 to 2003, Ms. Li was imprisoned in Beijing Women's Prison. Liu Yingchun, the fourth division head, tortured Ms. Li by forcing her to sit on a small stool for long periods of time in order to make her give up her belief. Liu also deprived Ms. Li of sleep. When this did not work, Liu switched to a different approach.

Liu Yingchun and two guards went to Ms. Li's home village. Liu lied to Ms. Li's relatives and told them she would be released early if she gave up her belief. Liu tricked Ms. Li's husband, aunt, and a few villagers into making a video. In the video, she had her relatives and friends weep and tell Ms. Li how much they missed and needed her.

Liu Yingchun brought the video back and she showed the tape not only to Ms. Li, but also all the prisoners in the Fourth Division. She also forced each one to write a report that cursed Falun Gong and Ms. Li Shuqing, in an attempt to force her to renounce her faith. Ms. Li firmly refused.