(Minghui.org) Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Du Zhilong, 74, from Shanghai, has been held at the Fengxian Brainwashing Center since April 2014. According to an inside source at the brainwashing center, Mr. Du was in good health when he first arrived, but a month later his memory, hearing, and vision had deteriorated significantly. He can't carry on a conversation and has difficulty thinking. It is believed that he has been given neurotoxic drugs.

More than 30 police officers, including the firefighters, riot police, and officers from the 610 Office, broke into Mr. Du's home on March 26, 2014, and arrested him and eight other practitioners who were studying a Falun Gong book at his home. The police ransacked Mr. Du's home and confiscated a computer, a printer, and other personal belongings.

The nine practitioners were taken to the Pudong Detention Center. Mr. Du and two other practitioners were held for a month before being transferred to Fengxian Brainwashing Center on April 25, 2014.

Mr. Du was a teacher at a technical school, and was well liked by his students and colleagues. He has been arrested and illegally detained six times for his belief since the persecution of Falun Gong began on July 20, 1999.

Use of Psychiatric Drugs at Fengxin Brainwashing Center

Fengxin Brainwashing Center was specifically created to persecute Falun Gong practitioners. They are locked in a room and closely monitored around the clock by two “educators.” They aren't allowed to leave the room, even to eat.

The Shanghai 610 Office has been ordering prisons and brainwashing centers to use psychiatric drugs on practitioners who refuse to give up their beliefs.

Mr. Wu Liyou was given food mixed with neurotoxic drugs in 2012. The dosage was later increased after the head of the local 610 Office realized that he was still holding onto his beliefs. When he was released a month later, he was unresponsive and mentally challenged. He had also developed many itchy red blotches all over his body.

Five female practitioners suffered from mental collapse, showed signs of dementia, and became unable to talk after being injected with psychiatric drugs in 2005.

Related report:Mr. Wu Liyou from Shanghai Arrested Again, Whereabouts Unknown