(Minghui.org) When I started practicing Falun Dafa (also known as Falun Gong), I was attracted by its profound principles. I felt it was the best Fa, unparalleled in the world. After reading the precious book Zhuan Falun (the main book of Falun Gong), I firmly decided to practice this cultivation system for the rest of my life.

When the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) launched the persecution against Falun Gong in July 1999, I spoke out for Dafa and displayed banners on Tiananmen Square three times. I was arrested and detained during each of those protests.

Clarifying the Truth at the Detention Center

I was arrested and taken to the city detention center in March 2005 for distributing truth-clarification materials in our area. I was not guilty of any crime and thus refused to wear the prison uniform. I told the detainees the facts about Falun Gong, and recited Master's (the founder of Falun Gong) Fa teachings including “On Dafa” and “Hong Yin” before breakfast each day for 20 minutes. This lasted for 10 months.

Almost 200 people learned of the goodness of Falun Dafa during that 10-month period. Several persons benefited from Dafa.

A 49-year-old woman with uterine cancer who bled every day had listened to the Fa and her bleeding stopped after 7 days. A 54-year-old woman with trigeminal neuralgia had listened to Dafa for 3 days and her disease disappeared completely. Even more amazing, she was released one month later.

Unwavering Cultivation in Prison Despite Physical Torture

Ten months after my arrest, I was illegally sentenced to a five-year term and taken to the Provincial Women's Prison. I refused to wear the prison clothes, and went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. They put me in a confinement cell for three days. I continuously practiced the exercises in the solitary cell despite the interference of harsh noises, purposely generated by the prison guards.

I did not look at myself as a prisoner. As a Dafa practitioner, I had to validate the Fa under any circumstance. I had recited “Falun Dafa is good” and “Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good” in front of the inmates for several months. The prison could not stop me and thus isolated me in a cell until all the inmates had left for forced labor.

I had always been tortured for my resistance to the “transformation.” On one occasion, I received more than 150 slaps by an inmate who was ordered to do so by the prison guards, and 84 whippings on my face with a scarf I wore around my neck to keep warm by another inmate.

Master said:

In life, nothing sought,In death, regretting naught;Washing away all wrong thought,Buddhahood, with less adversity, is wrought. (“Nothing Kept”, Hong Yin)

One evening, two vicious inmates tortured me after I refused to be “transformed.” They took me to a vacant building, and tied me to a big iron frame. They then pricked my fingernails with needles so that the blood dripped to the floor. It was excruciating. I kept reciting Master's Fa teaching until I passed out two hours later. When I gained consciousness, I refused to be transferred to the hospital, nor to sing the “transformation” statement.

Another night, the same two inmates forced me to swallow water that was mixed with the hottest chili. When I resisted, one person stepped on my cheek and another on my upper body, fracturing my ribs. They force-fed me. They took off my pants and inserted hot pepper into my vagina. They also forced me to stand barefooted and doused me with cold water. Then a third inmate came in to watch me. She forced me to stand for seven hours.

The inmate did not let me sleep for as long as 41 days even though I had broken ribs. One day, I was so sleepy that I just lay down. They dragged me off the bed and forced me to stand without any support. When I fell asleep and slept on the ground, they woke me up, and dragged me around by my collar.

To force me to renounce Dafa, those two vicious inmates twisted my nipples nonstop until my nipples bled. They then put a shirt on me. As a result, the clothes stuck to the nipples when the blood dried. They then stripped the clothes off the following day and repeated that torture again. But, I still refused to sign the “transformation” document and punctured the paper with the pen. They stabbed my belly with the pen, causing bleeding for five hours.

Among the different tortures, I was not allowed to use a toilet for 13 days; I was forced to squat on cement in my underwear in the cold winter for three days; I was not allowed to wash my face for 37 days. When I did it one time, they squeezed my face very badly.

Master said,

A Great Enlightened One fears no hardshipHaving forged an adamantine willFree of attachment to living or dyingHe walks the path of Fa-rectificationconfident and poised (“Righteous Thoughts and Righteous Actions”, Hong Yin II)

I was in tears and continuously recited this Fa teaching while I bore the sufferings in this living hell. I have felt the meaning of “Abundant troubles rain down together, All to see: Can you pull through?” (“Tempering the Will”, Hong Yin) I also have tasted the pain caused by the viciousness of the evil Chinese Communist Party (CCP).

During the five years of imprisonment, I refused to do forced labor. The guards took me to the labor site and forced me to stand in the changing room. On the way back at the end of the day, they ordered inmates to pour cold water on me from the neck down to freeze me.

They also tried to use sentiment for my family to destroy my strong will on Dafa. They brought my three children to the prison and forced them to urge me to do the labor for the sake of "healthy exercise." But this attempt was unsuccessful.

Before I was released, I wrote “Falun Dafa is good” and “Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good” on the wall of my cell. On the day of my release, I walked out of the prison and shouted those same words loudly.

Mental Torture During Second Imprisonment

I distributed Dafa informational materials and amulets to about 200 migrant workers from villages, who'd gathered on the first floor of my building to request the wages owed to them by a real estate owner in 2014. I was arrested by the police and detained in the city detention center.

Nine months after my arrest, I was illegally sentenced to five years and was taken to the Provincial Women's Prison for “transformation.” The veteran prison guards, who already knew me, knew that it was impossible to brainwash and “transform” me.

A week later, the guards ordered me to sign a copy of five pre-printed statements renouncing Dafa. When I refused, eight or nine inmates pushed me down into a chair. They gagged me and covered my eyes with a towel. Then they grabbed my hand and “signed” and fingerprinted the five statements.

Every prisoner had cupboard space for rice and a cardboard box for storage. Because I refused to sign the documents, I was not assigned any storage space.

The leader of the prison cell used to understand the facts about Dafa and often recited Hong Yin with me. In the second year, however, she was reported to the guards by another prisoner who said that she also believed in Falun Gong. Yielding to the pressure from the prison authorities, this leader became very vicious toward me.

The prison cell leader berated me every day before meal time to ruin my appetite. She kept a close watch on me, deprived me of taking a shower, and often threw away my clothes. She even took away my food, citing that I did not deserve to eat because I did not work.

On one occasion, I gave a piece of meat to an elderly prisoner. The cell leader used it as an excuse to accuse me of “spreading Falun Gong,” and yelled at me.

On another occasion, an inmate verbally abused me and Dafa. I asked the leader to stop the abuse. The leader refused to step in. Instead, she had another inmate beat me until I passed out.

Before I was released, I again wrote on the wall of my cell the words, “Falun Dafa is good” and “Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good.” On the day I walked out of the prison, I loudly recited these blessed words one more time.

Remaining a Steadfast Practitioner at All Times

When I endured the torture, I did not shed a tear at all, no matter how painful and unbearable the torture was. But when I thought of the kind face of Master in the Fa videos and the beautiful scene of practicing the exercises together with fellow practitioners, my tears could not stop.

I have been sentenced to prison two times for a total of 10 years. I hold no resentment for being jailed. But I was regretful for the opportunities that I missed in saving people because of my imprisonment.

Since I was released from prison, I have participated in the global early morning exercises and sent forth righteous thoughts at the four set times every day. I have studied the Fa whenever I can every day to make up for the lost time that I was in prison. I have clarified the truth daily. Seeing my wish to save people, Master always arranges predestined people to meet up with me.