(Minghui.org) After the outbreak of coronavirus, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) quarantined the people of Wuhan and sealed them off from the outside world. Practitioners in Wuhan must work even harder and seize every opportunity to save these people despite the outbreak.

I started to slack off after the CCP sealed off the city. I slept in and surfed the Internet instead of reading Minghui articles. I didn’t know how to cope with the routine that was forced on me because of the quarantine. A practitioner I know read Minghui articles frequently and suggested that we still go out every day to clarify the truth. A third practitioner joined us.

The first day we helped more than 30 people quit the CCP and its affiliated organizations. We helped about 80 people quit yesterday. I realized that practitioners in Wuhan shouldn’t build our own prisons. We should use our wisdom to continue our mission of saving people.

I’d like to share my experience of the few days before and after the city was sealed.

Showing the Family That I Care

I called my parents and in-laws every day to make sure they were fine. I did not slack off in studying the Fa, doing the exercises and sending forth righteous thoughts. I thus remained energetic and did all the housework so that my husband could concentrate on his work.

I felt a bit sick after I came home from clarifying the truth the day before the city was locked down. I had a fever, a runny nose and was coughing. I didn’t want my husband to worry, so I didn’t tell him. I knew that I should do the exercises more. I studied and exercised that evening and I felt much better. The next day my grandfather was worried about the virus and insisted that I be screened at a hospital. I agreed to it because I did not want him to worry. At the same time I asked Master Li Hongzhi (the founder of Falun Gong) to help me get out of it.

My grandfather called a coworker on our way to the hospital and the coworker advised us not to go because of the long lines and increased possibility of being infected with the virus. My grandfather took my temperature. I was fine! We went home and celebrated Chinese New Year’s Eve.

I continued to go out to clarify the truth over the next few days. My husband complained that I didn’t care about our family and wasn’t spending our money wisely. I cooked and cleaned and tried my best to take care of him. I treated his coworkers with good food when they visited us, so they could relax and have a good time. My husband stopped complaining and I even helped his coworkers quit the CCP.

My husband was diagnosed with lung problems at work and was suspected of having contracted the virus. He was quarantined at work. I assured him that he would be fine because he is a supporter of Falun Dafa despite the persecution. He tested negative for coronavirus twice and was cleared.

Establishing Unity and Progressing Diligently Together

Our small team of three practitioners works in unison. We get on our bikes every day to search for people to clarify the truth to. We prepare our truth-clarifying materials before we leave in the morning. We snack at lunchtime and share our experiences as we look within. We continue in the afternoon before we go home to prepare dinner. After that we study, do the exercises, and send righteous thoughts together.

When the authorities started restricting everyone from going outside their homes, we negated this situation. Master Li miraculously arranged opportunities for us to go outside and save people. The practitioners in Wuhan still need to fulfill their vows despite the epidemic. We must have faith in Master and the Fa and let go of the attachment to life and death.

For practitioners who couldn’t leave their homes, you should still do the three things Master asks of us. Send righteous thoughts for longer to clear the evil out and negate the interference. The practitioners outside Wuhan and overseas are with us.

Upgrading Our Character to Better Bring Up Young Practitioners

My son is in middle school. He used to study the Fa when he was younger and was a little practitioner. As he grew older, negative influences from society and the pressure of getting good grades in school, plus his obscene amount of cell phone use, had made him a pain in the neck.

He was always on his phone and didn't listen to anyone. During the outbreak he didn’t have to go to school. His school designed online courses that students must take. These studies required him to be online for 15 to 16 hours a day. He only cared about his performance and connections online and became rebellious and indifferent at home.

I was very attached to my son and had serious disputes with my husband when it came to our son’s education. I sincerely apologized to my husband and discussed with him rationally how we could better bring up our son and make him a responsible individual. We decided to cut off his Internet and homeschool him. We also asked him to do chores: laundry, dishes, cleaning and helping out in the kitchen. Freed from the tremendous pressure of having to be online all the time, he seemed happier and was willing to share his thoughts with us. He started playing a musical instrument, painting and listening to music. He knew that I had to go out during the day to clarify the truth and he volunteered to send righteous thoughts for me.

I believe Master will make the best arrangements for him and I hope that he will become a practitioner again one day.

I finished this article at 3:00 a.m. and wasn’t tired at all. My left eye hurt a little and I couldn’t see well. I knew it was interference and negated it. When the morning came, I felt energetic and carried on doing the three things.