(Minghui.org) Falun Dafa, also known as Falun Gong, is a cultivation practice that has been banned in China since 1999. Many people who practice Dafa have benefited from it in their daily lives.

Master Li, the founder of Falun Gong, has saved my life several times. I am 71 years old and can walk up eight flights of stairs without having to rest.

Looking Back on a Life of Misery

I was diagnosed with a blood disease at the age of 20. Among other illnesses, I often had nosebleeds and severe muscle weakness. I couldn’t walk for more than a year.

When the college entrance examination, which was suspended during the Cultural Revolution, resumed in 1977, I decided to become a candidate. I attended a review class to refresh what I had learned before the examination. I was disqualified despite my outstanding test score. I suffered from insomnia as a result.

I was finally accepted to a college in 1978, at the age of 31. I brought all my medicines with me to the classroom, and my classmates always saved a seat for me. After graduation, I taught politics at a high school and was respected by students and their parents even though I had to sit down while teaching.

I got married at 36 and gave birth to twin boys. I lost a lot of blood during the delivery and needed blood and oxygen transfusions. I also had a severe headache and high fever. I had to stay in the hospital for two months and was taken home on a stretcher.

It took more than a year before I recovered enough to take care of myself. But, I continued to suffer from a low fever. One day, I fell off the the third floor balcony and fractured my lumbar spine and legs. I became a paraplegic and had to use a catheter to urinate. I really felt that my life was worse than death.

To make matters worse, my two sons had health problems too. The older son had cerebral palsy and myocarditis (inflammation of the heart muscle). His right leg was two inches shorter than his left, and he was developmentally disabled. The younger of the twins had diabetes insipidus (imbalance of fluids in the body). He always felt thirsty and drank water constantly.

My husband had to deal with three sick people and developed a bad temper. He smashed things and hit the children often. I could not stand his brutality and divorced him. I kept the children and the house. My sons were five at the time.

My mother had looked after my children since they were born. However, her arms and face were injured during a gas explosion, and she was taken back to our hometown to recuperate.

Given this bitter life, I wanted to die. But I needed to live for the sake of my mother and children. Luckily, I received a lot of help from my friends, neighbors, colleagues, and students.

Dafa Restores Health and Gives Wisdom

A colleague gave me a copy of Zhuan Falun, the main book of Falun Dafa, in 1998. That person told me, “Do what Master tells us in Zhuan Falun. Practice the exercises, and you won’t have the unhappiness you’re experiencing now. When one person practices, the whole family benefits.”

Not long after I started practicing Dafa, I could take care of myself and no longer needed to ask for help. My neighbors were happy for me, and so were my sons. They also began to practice Dafa.

After I practiced Dafa for 40 days, my health was restored. I could carry heavy things upstairs. My older son's legs became the same length, and my younger son no longer had diabetes symptoms.

More amazingly, my older son's grades improved substantially. He used to be at the bottom of his class in middle school, but now he was on the top. His teachers and classmates were shocked that he was accepted to a good high school and college. Now, he has a good job and his own family.

Recovering from a Gas Explosion

My mother was 88 when she was injured in that gas explosion. Her muscles atrophied, and she became bedridden. Her body was covered with bedsores that oozed pus. She had a low fever. She could not recognize her own children. It seemed that her death was imminent.

Given my experience, I firmly believed that Master and Dafa could save my mother and decided to bring her to my home. I told her about the preciousness of Dafa, and she agreed to practice it. But my sisters disagreed, worrying that she might die on the way to my home.

One day when my sisters were out, I called a taxi and took my mother to my home. It took us seven hours. But when we got home, she no longer had a fever. We then started to study the Dafa teachings and practice the exercises together.

My sisters came to see my mother 40 days later. They were greeted by a healthy, tall woman standing by the window. They were surprised that she was their mother.

Master Saves My Life

When I went to Beijing to petition for justice for Falun Gong after the persecution began in 1999, I was arrested and taken to a mental hospital. The nurses tied me to a bed and injected me with unknown drugs. I felt pain in my upper body. My limbs were numb, and I kept falling down and injuring myself.

With the help of my family and fellow practitioners, I escaped from the hospital two weeks later and went into hiding.

Because of the side effects of the drugs, I had a headache and high fever for eight days, followed by a persistent low fever. My skin was ulcerated and oozing pus. The pain was unbearable, and I could not sleep.

Thus, I listened to Master's lecture recordings nonstop and did the Dafa exercises. I regained my health within six months. Master saved my life.

Sentenced to Four-Year Prison Term

I was sentenced to four years in prison for getting involved in the rescue of another practitioner in July 2008 and was tortured. As a result, I suffered lower back pain and was unable to raise my head or keep my back straight. I also had high blood pressure, yet the guards deprived me of sleep. 

One day, I was short of breath and felt that I might not survive. I said in my heart, “Master, I can’t die because I haven’t fulfilled my mission yet. I want to validate Dafa.”

Energy filled my body, and I shouted, “Falun Dafa is good!” Two guards and three inmates tried to cover my mouth to quiet me down, but they were unsuccessful.

I was released in terrible health after four years. Once home, I diligently studied the Dafa teachings and practiced the exercises, and my health was soon restored.