(Minghui.org) Mr. Huang Futang, a resident of Zibo City, Shandong Province, was a train conductor with Jinan Railroad. One day at work, he was hit in the head by a train and sustained severe injuries. His employer paid tens of thousands of yuan per month for his workers' compensation, but nothing seemed to help with his condition.

Mr. Huang's injuries healed after he began to practice Falun Gong in 1997. When the Chinese Communist Party's (CCP) unleashed a nationwide persecution of Falun Gong in 1999, Mr. Huang told people that the practice was nothing like what was depicted by the state propaganda. The now-retired worker was in turn repeatedly arrested by the regime.

He was twice given forced labor for a total of 5 years. He was also later sentenced to 3 years in prison. The injuries he suffered from the torture in custody haven’t fully recovered since he was last released from prison in March 2019. His father and brother both died from mental trauma while he was detained.

In addition, the government demolished his house while he was incarcerated, but it never compensated him as it did for other homeowners whose houses were also taken down. With his retirement pension being withheld and the tea shop his family owned forced to close, their financial losses were estimated to be between 80 to 100 million yuan.

Below is a recap of his persecution over the years.

House Arrest

After the persecution of Falun Gong started in 1999, Mr. Huang’s work unit, the Shandong Province Jinan Railroad Bureau, monitored him and didn’t allow him to go to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong.

Feeling compelled to speak up for his faith, Mr. Huang managed to go to the central appeals office in Beijing. When he returned home, he learned that over 100 people had been looking for him and that a handful people from his workplace had been waiting for him at his apartment the entire time he was gone.

As a result, his supervisor put him under house arrest for half a year. He was also fined 3,000 yuan.

Guards Burned His Feet and Body with Cigarette Butts

Mr. Huang was arrested for attending a gathering with other Falun Gong practitioners in July 2002. The police body-searched him and confiscated the cash he carried with him.

After he was taken to Zibo City Detention Center, the guards burned his feet and body with cigarette butts and stabbed him with thorns. Ten people watched him in shifts and kept him from falling asleep. His whole body was swollen as a result, and the pain was unbearable.

Two Labor Camp Terms

After being detained for more than a month, Mr. Huang was given a three-year forced labor term and incarcerated in Boshan Labor Camp.

He was locked up in solitary confinement from the end of 2002 to February of 2003. There was no running water or toilet in the cell, so he was given a pot to collect his waste.

The guards once stripped off his clothes, shocked him with eight 40,000-volt electric batons, and beat him with a rubber baton. His body is still covered with scars, and some parts of his body are still swollen today.

Struck by the mental shock of his persecution, Mr. Huang’s father passed away during the time. But the labor camp didn’t allow him to attend his father's funeral.

Because Mr. Huang refused to renounce his faith in Falun Gong, his term was extended for half a year. He was released on January 25, 2006.

Mr. Huang was arrested again on June 6, 2009 and was incarcerated in Zhangqiu Labor Camp, this time for one year and six months.

Brutal Arrest and Three-Year Imprisonment

Over 20 policemen from Jiazhuang Police Station restrained Mr. Huang in front of his apartment building by covering his mouth and clutching his neck when he was returning home on March 22, 2016. Niu Yong, the officer in charge, snatched 2,319 yuan in cash from his pocket and squeezed his testicles. The excruciating pain caused Mr. Huang to feel dizzy and vomit blood. His testicles were wounded and are still swollen today.

Mr. Huang was knocked unconscious for more than 20 minutes. When he woke up, policemen covered his mouth and clutched his neck immediately to prevent him from speaking. They began to beat him once again until he was severely injured. After that, Niu Yong and his fellows ransacked Mr. Huang's apartment and took his stock booklets, savings account booklets, as well as 5,050 yuan in cash.

After ransacking his apartment, they went to Mr. Huang's tea shop, picked the lock, and rushed in. They took away his savings booklets, ransacked his tea shop, and arrested his wife. His whole body was swollen when he was taken to Fujia Detention Center. His wife was detained for 29 hours and then released.

At the detention center, Mr. Huang was stripped of his clothes and body searched. Guards took his MP3 player and 2,704 yuan in cash. Mr. Huang began to write legal complaints against the 610 Office and the police brutality in the detention center, but both were withheld.

Mr. Huang was later sentenced to a three-year term. His request for medical bail to treat his testicular hematoma was denied.

Tortured in Jinan Prison

When Mr. Huang was incarcerated in Jinan Prison, guards tortured him in attempts to force him to renounce Falun Gong. Once he was tied up so tightly that he could not raise his head or move his body. He was also prohibited from using the toilet. However, he still refused to given in to the guards' demands to write statements renouncing his faith. Guards threatened that if he died, they would claim that he killed himself.

Mr. Huang was hospitalized for two weeks in February 2017, but guards resumed torturing him in April. He wrote a legal complaint on April 25 to the Shandong Procuratorate, but his letter was confiscated by the prison.

Team lead Chen Jianming ordered his guards to stuff Mr. Huang's mouth with a mop and underpants to prevent him from shouting “Falun Dafa is good!”

Before Mr. Huang was released from prison on March 21, 2019, guards instigated inmates to strip him and search his body. More than 30 legal complaints he wrote documenting the persecution were all taken away.

Related reports:

Shandong Man Recounts Three Years of Torture in Prison for His Faith

Shandong Man Beaten and Forced to Drink Diluted Bleach in Prison for Not Renouncing His Faith

Three Tried in Shandong Province for Practicing Falun Gong

Mr. Huang Futang Sent to Shandong Forced Labor Camp

Practitioner Huang Futang in Zibo, Shandong Province Files Charges Against Policemen

Store Owner Assaulted by Police Chief Sentenced to Three Years