(Minghui.org) While I was handing out brochures and telling people about the persecution of Falun Gong on July 3, 2019, several police officers arrested me and took me to the police station.

Physically Abused at the Police Station

At 2:00 p.m. the next day, a few officers came into the room where I was detained and tried to take my dental prints, fingerprints, and shoe prints by force. I did not cooperate and kept telling them that I did nothing wrong, that Falun Gong was being unjustly persecuted.

A plainclothes officer, who was the deputy director, looked at a computer and saw they had been unable to get my fingerprints the previous two times they arrested me. He got angry and demanded, “I must get her fingerprints; do it now!”

Four or five of them came up to me. Some held my arms, some held my legs, and some tried to open my hands. I kept sending righteous thoughts and did not cooperate with them. They failed to get my fingerprints.

Two or three more police officers came up to me. They pressed down on my shoulders and clamped onto my neck. Someone behind me held my shoulders and hit my back violently with his knee. I felt a sharp and unbearable pain. They opened my hands and fingerprinted me.

They then tried to get my shoe prints. Four men and one woman held me and tried to lift my legs. I sent righteous thoughts and they could not lift my legs. In the end, the woman removed my shoes, put them on her feet and took an imprint of my shoes.

They took me to the detention center at 8:00 p.m. that night. The detention center did not want to admit me, however, because I didn’t pass their medical examination. The police demanded that the detention center accept me, so I was persecuted for another 15 days. With Master Li's (the founder) strengthening, I came through the ordeal.

Demanding an Apology as a Means to Clarify the Truth 

I returned home on July 19th. After sharing thoughts about my experience with other practitioners, I decided to go to the police station to demand an apology and get reimbursement for my medical costs.

I first went to the hospital to have a medical examination. The results showed that I had compression bone fractures. The doctors recommended that I be immediately admitted and immobilized.

The diagnoses did not move my heart. I kept in mind that I am a Dafa practitioner and kept studying the Fa and doing the exercises. I thus recovered quickly.

On September 12, another practitioner and I went to the police station. I brought my CT scan picture and medical exam record with me. I told the police officer at the reception desk, “I am a Falun Gong practitioner. I am looking for the director.” He told me that the director was in a meeting.

While waiting for the director, we told the officer about Falun Gong, the persecution, and my experiences while I was detained at the police station and detention center.

After coming to understand, he told me, “There is not much I can do to help you now.” While pointing at the CT scan result in my hand, he continued, “I don’t think they will pay for your medical costs. I have never heard of this police station reimbursing anyone.”

When the meeting ended, the police officer told the director about me. The director asked, “What can I do for you?” I told him about my experience at the station on July 4 and showed him my CT film and medical records.

I said, “We Falun Gong practitioners conduct ourselves according to the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. I am not trying to blackmail you for money. I did not stay in the hospital for treatment and did not take any medicine. I recovered from the injuries because I kept practicing Falun Gong.”

He then told us to wait while he went to check the surveillance video. He came back at noon and said, “The video showed that you did not cooperate with the officers and they injured you while trying to get their job done.”

I said, “The deputy director intentionally hurt me.” He then asked, “What do you want?”

“First, I want reimbursement for the cost of the CT scan and the medical registration fee. Second, the people who injured me must apologize and promise not to hurt practitioners again. Third, my cell phone is my property, and I want it back.”

The director said, “I cannot make the decision now. We will discuss your requests and give you an answer in the afternoon or tomorrow.”

Later That Day

In the afternoon, we returned to the police station. The officer at the reception desk kindly told us, “Don’t get your hopes up too much.”

The deputy director who hurt me passed by. He looked at me and said, “Wasn’t it enough to detain you? Why do you come here? Do you want to go to a brainwashing class?”

We kept sending righteous thoughts and explained to him that Falun Gong is being wrongly persecuted. When we asked him, “Which law did we violate?” He could not come up with anything and walked away mumbling.

The director came out an hour later. He brought the reimbursement money, and my cell phone. He also told me, “The person who hurt you is not here now. I apologize to you on his behalf, and I will reprimand him.”

I told him, “Getting my cell phone back and having my medical cost reimbursed are secondary. The purpose of our visit is to help you understand that Falun Gong is good so that you will not persecute practitioners anymore. We hope you will truly be a good officer who serves the people.”

Receptionist: “It's a Miracle!”

Afterward, the officer at the reception desk exclaimed, “Falun Gong is really powerful. A miracle just happened!”

This was the first time, that we knew of, that a police station gave compensation and apologized to a practitioner within a day of the request.